Saturday, September 29, 2012

Bowling Green International Festival - 09/29/12

Today I went to the Bowling Green International Festival in hopes of shooting for both the Talisman and for my Intro to Photojournalism class. I probably accomplished the latter, but overall, I was really disappointed with my shooting. I walked around for over an hour and simply could not find anything to shoot. Maybe I'm being too picky, or maybe I'm finally realizing how far I have to go to become a good photographer. Regardless, I sat down dejectedly at the fountain and observed a boy running through it. Soon after, several more joined him, and thus came my best pictures of the day.

I'm really not happy with all of my shots of regular events lately. Sports was my thing all through high school, and I believe it still is. It's taking me outside my comfort zone to try and photograph events and people that are spontaneous and frankly sometimes boring. I hope that as the semester progresses I'll get better at this - I have lots of ground to make up between myself and the other amazing photographers here at WKU. 










A side note on this shot - right after I took this, the boy noticed me and immediately begin angling his hands to shoot the water straight at me. I managed to move pretty quick, but the front of my lens still got soaked. Too funny. 



No comments:

Post a Comment